The Prevention TaskForce app (formerly ePSS) is an application designed and developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the nation’s lead federal agency for research on healthcare quality, costs, outcomes, and patient safety. It was developed by AHRQ to support the independent U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.
We previously reviewed ePSS (electronic preventive services selector) favorably. This recent and revamped iteration utilizes the most rigorous evidence-based medicine evaluations with exhaustive systematic reviews for each topic. The app includes each evidence summary and links to the full recommendation. The app easily sorts each group of recommendations by the letter grade and within each recommendation, you can browse the overview, rationales, clinical considerations, and any relevant tools for that topic.
- New design is easy, intuitive, and more functional than the old ePSS (new BMI filter)
- Ability to share, print, save searches, bookmark
- Available for Android
- Tools section still in need of a redesign, old layout, poorly organized
- Improved definition of USPSTF recommendation grade levels, but still likely not detailed enough
- Clinical summaries and some other tables difficult to read
This post originally appeared on iMedicalApps.com.