If you’re serious about going on a diet, you really need to be watchful of what and how much you eat. Whether it’s the keto diet, paleo diet or even the Whole30 diet, you need to monitor your macros and calories. However, if you still want to enjoy some freedom when it comes to the food you eat and still lose weight, you should try intermittent fasting.
Is Intermittent Fasting Healthy?
Simple and easy to follow, intermittent fasting is a type of diet that requires you to only eat during a specific span of time and spend the rest of the day fasting. When done properly, intermittent fasting can help you lose weight, making it easier for you to also adjust to a healthier diet.
More than weight loss, research by John Hopkins Medicine reveals that there is also clear evidence to suggest that there are other intermittent fasting benefits. Through a good intermittent fasting diet plan, you can also enjoy a bevy of other health benefits, including:
1. Lose Belly Fat – Intermittent fasting leads to lower calorie consumption, which contributes to weight loss. Not only does intermittent fasting reduce your calorie intake, but it also increases your overall metabolic rate, improving your body’s ability to focus on weight loss management.
2. Lower Diabetes Risk – Another benefit is that this diet helps lower your risk of developing diabetes. Research has shown that intermittent fasting improves insulin resistance within the body, leading to lower blood sugar levels.
3. Better Heart Health – Lower blood sugar levels also mean healthier circulation, which translates to better heart health. Additionally, intermittent fasting helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
4. Better Brain Function – Intermittent fasting also increases BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor), a brain hormone that helps lower your chances of developing anxiety, depression and a number of ADHD symptoms.
5. Reduce Oxidative Stress and Inflammation – Intermittent fasting also helps remove free radicals in your body, which contribute to oxidative stress that leads to inflammation. This way, you can lower your chances of developing certain diseases.
6. Cell Repair – When you don’t eat for a certain period of time, your body initiates waste removal processes that lead to healthier cells. This process also involves cell repair to help protect against disease.
7. May Help Prevent Cancer – Fasting has also been shown to have several benefits on metabolism that can lead to decreased cancer risk. It has also been shown to help reduce chemotherapy side effects.
8. Improve Sleep Quality – Fasting helps relax the mind and improving your overall sleep quality at night. When this happens, you wake up feeling more refreshed and re-energized.
9. Improved Gut Health – Another intermittent fasting benefit is that it directly influences the gut microbiome, helping it do a better job at preventing inflammatory toxins from leaking into your bloodstream.
10. Can Help You Live Longer – All these health benefits work together for the ultimate benefit: a longer life! Thanks to intermittent fasting, you can significantly improve your health, helping you live longer and happier.
Intermittent Fasting for Beginners
Now that you know the many health benefits of intermittent fasting, where do you begin? While fasting is relatively simpler than other diets, it can still be tricky for beginners.
Luckily, there are many apps that cater to beginners and one of the best apps is DoFasting. It is a subscription-based intermittent fasting application that guides users towards their desired weight-loss goal.
How Does it Work?
DoFasting is available on both Android and iOS and it’s easy to install and use. Upon loading the app, you need to take a 60-second quiz to assess your weight-loss goals. After completing this questionnaire, DoFasting will present you with a basic weight loss timeline and invites you for a subscription.
Once you sign up, it will set up your schedule and diet recommendations based on your profile and even inform you of your eating and fasting timeline. All you need to do is follow and commit.
DoFasting also offers different fasting options, including:
- Beginner fasts are 12:12 (12-hour eating window/12 hour fast) or 14:10 fasts
- Intermediate fasts are 16:8 and 18:6 fasts
- Expert-level fasts are 24:0 or 36:0 (alternate day fasts)
You can choose from these options depending on your goals and DoFasting will create your schedule for you.
DoFasting offers a 3-in-1 solution. As part of your subscription, DoFasting will also provide you with meal suggestions and recipes, as well as exercise routines. The meal suggestions focus on delicious and healthy options, while the exercise routines have a great balance between easy workouts and more intensive ones. DoFasting also offers a wide variety of articles to help you learn more about intermittent fasting and its health benefits.
As for pricing, DoFasting offers a yearly subscription for only $100. This gives you access to everything in the app, including fasts and eating windows, diet and meal recommendations, workout regimens and your overall weight loss progress. It even includes reminders and daily motivations to keep you motivated.
DoFasting Weight Loss Supplements
To help your weight loss journey, DoFasting also offers weight loss supplements that can suppress your hunger, provide you with vitamins and minerals and boost your body’s fat-burning processes.
Taken daily, these supplements help increase your energy, nourish healthy gut bacteria, lower bad cholesterol levels and even help you lose weight faster. The supplements are priced at:
- Appetite Suppressant DoFasting Box for Weight Loss ($69.99 for a 30-day supply)
- Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies ($63.99 for a 30-day supply)
- BHB Ketone Boost Weight Loss Supplement ($88.88 for a 30-day supply)
Aside from these, you can also get these supplements in bundles for extra savings.
DoFasting is an excellent intermittent fasting app. Its app and optional nutritional supplements are based on solid research and it has helpful features that can assist you on your weight-loss journey. Intermittent fasting is proven to be healthy and effective and beginners who want to get into this type of diet can easily take advantage of DoFasting to get them started on the right path.
Ready to start your weight-loss journey? Learn more by clicking here.